Southwest R-V Board hires four new faculty members
The Southwest R-V School Board hired four new faculty members at its regularly scheduled meeting on June 12.
The board hired Timothy Steeley, special education teacher, Jennifer Ragan, fourth grade teacher, and Larry Wright and Tonya Wogoman, teachers' aides.
In new business, the board approved substitute pay rates, meal prices and facility rental rates.
The substitute teacher pay rate will be $80 per day and the substitute custodian pay rate will be $60 per day during the 2008-09 school year. Substitute cooks will be paid $52 per day and substitute bus drivers will receive between $27 and $30 per route.
The board set breakfast prices for kindergarten through 12th grade students at 85 cents. Other meal prices include: reduced price breakfast, 25 cents; adult breakfast, $1.25; kindergarten through fourth grade lunch, $1.25; fifth through eighth grade lunch, $1.50; high school lunch, $1.75; reduced price lunch, 40 cents; and adult lunch, $2.25. Extra milk will cost 35 cents.
Facility rental rates will be $10 for two hours and $25 per day.
In other business, the Southwest R-V School Board:
* Heard administrative reports, which included information on the McDonald County boundary issue and requests for bids on a paving project and the construction of a metal bus barn facility.
* Approved the program evaluation plan, the comprehensive school improvement plan (CSIP) and the accountability plan for the 2008-09 school year.
* Heard that attendance was at 93.44 percent in the elementary, 95.48 percent in the middle school and 92.24 percent in the high school during the 2007-08 school year.
* Approved the Bank of Washburn and Seligman as the the district's bank depository for the 2008-09 school year.
* Amended and approved the 2007-08 budget as the preliminary 2008-09 budget.