The Wheaton R-III School Board rehired 27 faculty and staff members at its regularly scheduled meeting on March 20.
The board voted to re-employ the following staff members: Jodi Arnold, Valerie Ball, Shellie Beckham, Brenda Claflin, Anita Cleveland, Deborah Coscia, Darrell Crane, Melissa Creed, Deanne Dillingham, August Flohr, David Glenn, Helen Hagerman, Melissa Hayslip, Kevin Jackson, Denise Jones, Brian Long, Twyla McInturff, Debra Menefee, Sandra Radford, Rusty Roe, Eric Roller, Georgia Roskelley, Sally Sharp, Barbara Skinner, Jerry Skinner and May Yang.
The board also voted to re-employ Dale Ball as assistant baseball coach.
In other business, the Wheaton R-III School Board:
* Approved a $12, 406 bid for security cameras that will be placed at the high school and a $2,463 bid for cameras that will be placed in the elementary school. Both bids were received from Four State Surveillance Systems.
* Authorized administrators to hire a part-time employee to assist Eric Roller, vocational agriculture teacher, during the 2008-09 school year.
* Heard a presentation on archery curriculum by Jean Mayer, from the Missouri Department of Conservation.
* Accepted the resignations of Melissa Creed as assistant track coach, Betty George and Lynne Hawkins.
During the Wheaton R-III School Board's regularly scheduled meeting on April 17, the board:
* Elected Larry Prewitt as board president and Doug Goostree as board vice president.
* Re-adopted the district's conflict of interest policy.
* Approved the 2008-09 school year calendar.
* Employed Christopher Hang as a custodian and Jim Green as a high school counselor.
* Voted to allow the Hmong Association to use the Wheaton R-III School District campus for its 2008 New Year celebration, which will be held on Thanksgiving weekend.