Cape Fair man dies in non-traffic fatality crash
A Cape Fair man died in a non-traffic fatality crash that occurred on Highway EE six miles east of Jenkins on Saturday.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the crash occurred as Harold Fortner, 45, who was driving a 1987 Ford truck, suffered from a medical condition and drove off the roadway.
Barry County Coroner Skip White pronounced Fortner dead at the scene. Fortner's body was transported to White's Funeral Home in Crane. The crash occurred at 5:30 p.m.
Other traffic crashes
* Last Thursday, a Cassville man was seriously injured in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 37 one and two-tenths miles south of Cassville at 2 p.m. The crash occurred when Louie Keen, 43, who was driving a 1998 Ford F-150, slammed on his vehicle's brakes to make a left hand turn. A 1999 Kenworth Tractor, driven by Elmer Peachey, 48, of Maysville, Ark., struck Keen's vehicle. Keen was taken by ambulance to St. John's Hospital-Cassville. Peachey was not injured in the crash.
* A Purdy man sustained serious injuries in a one-vehicle crash on Highway DD one mile west of Seligman last Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. The crash occurred when a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus, driven by Wesley Johnson, 26, ran off the right side of the roadway and struck a tree. Johnson was taken to Cox South Hospital in Springfield.
* On Sunday, two Seligman residents were injured in a one-vehicle crash on County Road 2275 seven miles east of Seligman at 12:01 a.m. The crash occurred when a 1999 Nissan pickup, driven by Michael Rayburn, 49, travelled off the right side of the road and struck a tree. Rayburn, who sustained minor injuries, was transported to St. John's Hospital-Cassville. His passenger, Tammie Stacy, 29, was transported to St. John's Hospital-Springfield. Stacy sustained serious injuries.
* On Sunday, four Arkansas residents were injured in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 112 three miles west of Roaring River State Park. The crash occurred as May Mobbs, 63, of Rogers, Ark., who was driving a 1999 Hyundai, lost control, ran off the left side of the roadway and struck a 2000 Toyota, driven by Steven Smith, 49, of Rogers, Ark. Mobbs, who was seriously injured in the crash, was taken to Cox South Hospital in Springfield. Smith and two passengers, Beth Smith, 48, of Rogers, Ark., and Nancy Ward, 57, of Bella Vista, Ark., who were all moderately injured in the crash, were taken to Northwest Regional Hospital in Bentonville, Ark. The crash occurred at 3:20 p.m.
* A Cassville man and child sustained minor injuries in a three-vehicle crash on Highway 248 one-tenth mile east of Cassville on Saturday night. The crash occurred as a 2001 Ford truck, driven by John Myers, 63, was stopped to make a left turn. Myers' vehicle was struck in the rear by a 2001 Mitsubishi, driven by Mary Wilson, 31, of Cassville. Wilson's vehicle was then struck in the rear by a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt, driven by Bailie Wright, 19, of Jenkins. Myers and Wilson's passenger, Bowen Preddy, 6, were both taken to St. John's Hospital-Cassville. Wilson and Wright were not injured.