The Cassville R-IV School Board handled a long agenda at its May 15 meeting that included the approval of several capital project items of business and the hiring of classified staff members.
Board members voted to accept the low bid of $347,900 from Lacey Brothers Construction, Inc., for the music room renovation and toilet room addition project at the high school. The vote was taken after reviewing a summary of bids the district received from contractors.
The board also voted to accept a proposal from Nabholz Construction to construct dugouts and fencing for the new girls' softball field at the high school, and a change order was approved to reroute the new road serving the high school and to include a concrete approach.
School board members then handled several staffing items, which included the acceptance of resignations from Brandon Salsman, Lora Videmschek, Diane Linebarger and Jeremy Faubion and the employment of Robert Bredeson and Mandi Stansberry as primary teachers, Donald Mulch and Clay Weldy as high school teachers, Nancy Conn as primary school librarian, Cynthia Thomas as a nurse and Steven Henbest as a technology specialist.
The board also approved the following list of 112 classified staff members for re-employment.
* Superintendent's secretary: Debbie Kelley.
* Bookkeeper: Lorie Speakman.
* Assistant bookkeeper: Lori Banks.
* Secretaries: Carol Atkinson, Dayna Barber, Tonya Coones, Lisa Cooper, JoNell Corn, Rhonda Craig, Joyce Ennis, Netta Gripka, Sharron Haney, Lisa Sanders and Sherry Willard.
* Nurse/assistant: Elaine Boles and LaDon Vanzandt.
* Library aides: Jennifer Bergman, Brenda Russell and Suzanne Sloan.
* Parents as Teachers: Challie Allison and Tari Underwood.
* Migrant aides: Rosario Keele and Teresa Valenzuela.
* Instructional assistants: Janice Allen, Sandy Blank, Desiree Corn, Mardi Dodson, Jenny Fink, Cheryl Gianino, Tracy Hagan, Catherine Harris, Lacey Haynes, Wendy Henson, Sundra Hilburn, Becky Jones, Betty King, Thea McCowan, Debbie Meadows, Tiffany Miner, Melinda MtCastle, Sheila Parnell, Val Periman, Regina Robbins, Cheryl Stockton, Robin Stockton, Glenda Wahlert, Lori Wilks and Clara Williams.
* Transportation: Tim Blankenship, Susie Burbridge, Alyssa Carney, Don Chamberlain, Wayne Deffenbaugh, Doug Fare, Mike Gauss, Donna Grossman, Walt Hasler, Rod Hemphill, Tina Hemphill, Marie Iiams, Jake Kloss, Rick Lawson, G.W. Lyons, Heidi Lyons, Becky Matthews, Jim Peters, Jay Rambo, Doyle Ray and Tracy Tucker.
* Food service: Rita Beebe, Jane Bland, Mary Collins, Tracy Dirks, Lynda Downey, Marie Hoff, Nancy Horner, Kam Howerton, Kim Jenkins, Becky McKnight, Amy Moore, Jackie Moore, Tawna Phinney, Catherine Sinclair-Hall, Mary Sprinkle and Tammy Tucker.
* Part-time cooks: Sherri Akers, Vicki Griner, Patricia Mounce, Joyce Richie and Linda Shields.
* Maintenance: Randy Fielding, Robert Fowler, Jerry Lyall, Bill Manning, Lennis Periman and Bill Spinks.
* Custodial: Stan Boyd, Patty Brown, Roger Brown, Jane Divine, Frank Goergen, Wes Haynes, Kathy Lansdown, Stephen Lehman, Kevin Lingle, Connie Manning, Katherine Periman, Venita Ray, Kent Stephenson, Janice Still, Carroll Tucker, Terry Utz, Leon Vanderpool and Kay Walker.
* Technology specialist: Errick Fuchs and Steven Henbest.
In other business, the school board:
* Heard patrons' concerns regarding the hiring of qualified staff.
* Heard a salary and welfare proposal for the 2008-09 school year presented by Kaye Hughes.
* Voted to employ Jennifer Brattin as a substitute teacher.
* Approved contracts with the Southwest Area Career Center and Scott Consulting.
* Discussed change orders to the intermediate school but took no action.
* Voted to employ Ben Abramovitz as primary school physical education teacher.