The Cassville Irwin-Easley Post 118 American Legion baseball team opened its 2006 season this past week. The squad held its first home game of the season on Saturday at Wildcat Field.
This year's varsity team fields 19 players. They include:
- Justin Lawrence, Aurora, catcher, outfield and designated hitter.
- Kason Koelsch, Cassville, short stop, second base and outfield.
- Bryan Hoemann, Monett, third base, second base and outfield.
- Trevor Williams, Cassville, first base, outfield, catcher and designated hitter.
- Lane Stubblefield, Cassville, pitcher and outfield.
- Chris Musick, Wheaton, outfield, second base and third base.
- Kelby Haynes, Cassville, short stop and pitcher.
- Ashton Dorris, Cassville, pitcher, first base and outfield.
- Ryan Rowley, Cassville, second base, third base and outfield.
- Colt Higgs, Exeter, pitcher, outfield and first base.
- Jody Cavness, Cassville, third base and pitcher.
- Michael Baker, Cassville, pitcher, first base and outfield.
- Dannon Rose, Cassville, outfield and pitcher.
- Mike Simmons, Cassville, first base, pitcher and catcher.
- David Gilley, pitcher and outfield.
- Shane Smith, Cassville, outfield, pitcher and short stop.
- Jake Nolan, Cassville, pitcher, short stop and third base.
- Andy Jenkins, Monett, first base, pitcher and designated hitter.
- Chase Higgs, Exeter, catcher.
Head coach for the Cassville squad is Jerry Marple. He is assisted by Jeremy Marple, Roger Brock and Scott Turner. Team manager is Pete Landstad.
Home games this season will be played on the following dates: June 7 against Aurora, 6 p.m.; July 3 against Fort Smith, 5:30 p.m.; July 6 against McDonald County, 6 p.m.; and July 10 against Neosho, 6 p.m.
Away games will be played on the following dates: June 3 and 4, Harrison (Ark.) Legion Tournament; June 10 at Carthage; June 12 at Monett; June 14 at Crestwood; June 15-18, Danville Classic; June 23-25, Squeaky Smith Wood Bat Tournament; June 28 at Carl Junction; June 29 at Seneca; June 30-July 2, Nixa JV Tournament; July 1 at Aurora; July 8 at Webb City; and July 15-23, District Tournament at Webb City.