The Cassville Wildcats hosted their annual track meet last Thursday with nine schools participating. Both the boys' and girls' squads finished fourth scoring 66 and 69 points respectively.
Webb City finished first for the boys with a team score of 142 followed by Carl Junction in second with 141 and Nixa in third with 78. McDonald County finished fifth with 43 points, Southwest was sixth with 41 and Strafford (26), Aurora (17) and Seneca (1) finished seventh, eighth and ninth at the meet.
Cassville won two gold medals at the meet. Senior Kyle Bishop was first in the high jump, clearing 5'10", and Nick Pianalto finished first in the discus with a throw of 142'3".
Other Wildcat winners were:
- Pianalto: sixth place, shot put.
- 3,200 relay team of Chris Born, Colt Beck, Ryan Schlicht-man and Nate Evans, third place.
- Born: fifth place, triple jump.
- Schlichtman: sixth place, 1600-meter run.
- Matt Boles: fifth place, discus.
- A.J. Lee: sixth place, discus.
- 400-meter relay team of Brian Elkins, Michael Baker, Nate Evans and Jon Haney: fourth place.
- Evans: fourth place, 400-meter run, and third place, 800-meter run.
- Justin Nosler: fifth place, 300-meter hurdles.
- Baker: third place, long jump.
Webb City also finished first at the Cassville meet with a team score of 158. Seneca placed second with 100 points, and McDonald County was third with 93.
The Ladycats' lone gold medalist was sophomore Brittany Vollenweider who won the discus with a toss of 108'1".
Other top Ladycat finishers were:
- 3,200-meter relay team, third place.
- Brittany Wilbanks: fourth place, pole vault
- Ron'L Hoff: sixth place, 100-meter dash.
- Vollenweider: second place, shot put.
- 800-meter relay team, third place
- Courtney Beagle: fourth place, 1600-meter run, and third place, 300-meter hurdles.
- Tia Baker: third place, 800-meter run.
- Paige Hukill: sixth place, 200-meter dash.
- Misty Long: fifth place, 3200-meter run.
- 1600-meter relay team, third place.
- 400-meter relay team, second
- Leah Jones: sixth place, 400-meter run.
Next Thursday, May 4, the Cassville boys and girls track squads will compete at the Big 8 Conference meet at Monett.
Cassville also hosted a junior varsity meet on April 18 that saw both the boys and girls teams finish first. Results from that meet were not available at presstime.